Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Art Pages Tutorial and Inspiration F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hello my lovelies,
Today I want to share with you one of my absolute favorite hobbies of all time, 

Art Journalism

Now I never really got into journaling or keeping a diary before discovering the world of Slam Books, now I keep one for every year.

For those of you who don't know this amazing gift inspired by Mean Girls, (no one is insulted I promise) It is a way of scrapbooking where you aren't restricted to the size of the page or the thickness of the materials you use. Its a great way to use up old and extra supplies and create an entirely new medium to express yourself.

My favorite way to create art pages for a journal is to start with a plain piece of cardstock paper, destroy it, reinvent it, and doodle just a bit more. I then punch a few holes and throw it into a binder filled with pictures, stories, postcards, whatever I did that year that enlightened me and that I want to remember.

I created two pages recently inspired by two amazing quotes written by the one and only F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Fun Fact: the F. stands for Francis

Now to picture-explain this
Start with a few bits glued to your cardstock:
Here I started with a magazine picture, some construction paper, fabric scraps, printed paper, yarn, and a bit of spilled candle wax. I also added tea paper, black ink, and a bit of green sugar crystals (I was curious on what would happen)

The second page I added more fabric, tea paper, ink, sprinkles, and a cupcake liner.

This is the second page after adding some watercolor paint over the newly textured background
After the paint dried, I wrote this quote on the first page. 
And this one on the second page







The final pages!






 

I love the freedom art journaling has, it allows me to fully throw all I have to create a beautiful mess.


If you create any art pages let me know! Add them in the comments below and we can make an online community journal!

As always my dears, never forget the sun will always shine again tomorrow.

Cheers.


Don't forget to check out my links for my Etsy shop and Facebook and subscribe so you dont miss any Elfin madness!

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/ElfinAdventure
Facebook: www.facebook.com/elfinadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment