Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ascended By Debra Ann Miller, Fallen Guardians Saga #2 Book Review

Greetings, 

This post is insanely and incredibly long overdue and I apologize for my absence, But please allow me to explain why through a lovely story by the fire...

It all began a few days ago. I had just finished reading and loving Descended when all of a sudden the book came to an end. I was devastated, crushed, heart broken. How could such an amazing story have such a quick end! (Oh do I wish for a land where books are thousands of pages that you can never reach the end of) 

All of a sudden a lovely angel in the form of my mother shone like the golden rays of sunshine and smelled of sweet daisies, and presented to me her Kindle with the second book in the Fallen Guardians Saga: Ascended. 

I dropped to my knees and worshiped the mighty book gods that allowed this piece of written beauty to come into existence and began to read immediately. 

That my friends is why this post was delayed.

You see, after feeling the first book to be spectacular I was entirely unaware at the many twists and turns and emotions to be had in the Ascended. I could not stop reading to even make a cup of tea out of fear the glorious pages before me would somehow become just a dream. 

At midnight, I finally saw the last page. (after spending the previous hour crying so hard I could barely read the words) I have then discovered the beauty of a book 3 soon to be released. 

If +Debra has any pity at all, she shall grace us with as much beauty as before.

But onto the actual book review which is why you are reading this post I presume (my jokes aren't THAT funny) 

This book began and immediately swept me into a vast whirlpool of diligent reading as to not miss a single word. I was sucked into the amazing events surrounding Vie, Vivian, Gabe, and Carter and could not emerge for air. I was utterly aghast at the events to come  I could not believe someone could write a story with so much depth there was a twist around every corner. 


One of the main reasons these books (especially this one) really spoke to my soul was it's ability to combine Christian beliefs with Native American myth and legend. This is something I have done throughout my religious journey, and have never found another soul to embrace it as much as these teens have done. Every bit of spiritual matter was spoken in such a way it was directed to fulfill my longing for a companion among my path of discovery. I have never known such a work where I could truly believe it was written directly for me. It has inspired me so very much to follow every bit of my heart for love truly can concur any hardships thrown, and to trust in the root of all good for their is power in believing.

This book series has completely blown my mind in such a great way I didn't want to pick up the pieces in order to write this as I know I could never do it justice. 

As always my friends, Don't be afraid to get lost in a good book, as you can always spend the next hour, or week, recovery from the journey.

Cheers.


Be sure to check out all my links and follow my new Instagram at #Blue_Owl78

Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/ElfinAdventure
Facebook: www.facebook.com/elfinadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment