Thursday, November 14, 2013

Descended By: Debra Ann Miller, Fallen Guardians Saga #1: Book Review Part 2

11/14/13
Hello, and welcome back to my continuing book review of Descended. As I said before I am writing this as I read in order to not miss a single detail, enjoy!

As I began Chapter 10, I couldn't help to realize the contrast between the Dark Lord and the community of Guardians. It is a perfect Yin Yang balance of good and evil that has existed longer than humanity itself. As Newton once said, "for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction." Now taking this out of the field of physics and into the minds of the metaphorical scales of good and evil it makes perfect sense for there to be a Dark Lord and for the two groups to be in eternal combat...I love it. 

Plot twist....I wont say more I don't want to give away too much and ruin the secrets for future readers!
But this is seriously a great book..read it. 
I love the both females have a special gift of expression, while completely different it is as if each one can connect to the other through the gifts they are given. 

Another one of my favorite qualities of this book is the perfect scenery descriptions. Now I have never been to Wyoming, but from reading the text I can perfectly see the rolling black hills and the widespread plains. Even something as simple as a log on a river is perfectly described for the reader to see, as if he or she was experiencing it themselves. I adore this quality, many books don't offer enough detail to make a full picture, or give too much detail that becomes repetitive and boring to read. This offers the perfect balance though as the reader is swept off their feet and into the world of the novel.

I love the immense descriptions of love in this story. You can completely feel the force of the love between the characters. It is such an incredible power, one we all wish to experience. The true energy of both friendship and soul mates creates such an unbreakable bond I could only wish to experience in this world. 

There is so much action in this story line, but also just enough romance to make your heart glow. It isn't sappy by any means (as I am not one for chick flicks or romance novels) but the true untamed spirit of adventure and wild passion is completely exhilarating and infectious. 

Truly one of the best books I've ever read. '


As always my lovelies, stay impassioned, for that will only lead to all your dreams coming true.
Cheers.



For more Elfin Adventure be sure to check out my links and subscribe! If you have read this book please comment your thoughts below as I love to read other opinions!

Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/ElfinAdventure
Facebook: www.facebook.com/elfinadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment