Monday, November 11, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Straight From The Merciful Fruit Gods

Hello my lovelies!

Today I will be sharing with you a delicious recipe for 

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!

Sounds pretty amazing right? Just wait until you smell the pure bliss that is this fruitful dessert. (ha fruit pun)

The inspiration for this treat hit me like a blast of a fresh snowball or the floor after slipping on a peel...anywho the actual story is as follows:

There I was...munching a few stolen chocolate chips, and out of nowhere there they were..
Dun Dun Duuunnnnn
My bananas have gone brown..not like the delicious caramel or even chai tea warm brown, a mushy, vulgar excuse for the happy, perky fruit that once was. 
Dropping to my knees, I demanded the gods of fruit to spare such young specimens as what not their fault I forgot to eat them at an earlier time. 
But thankfully, the gods of all things fruity took pity on my pleas and delivered with a small puff of pink smoke a recipe to end all recipes: Banana Heaven. 

To save your mushy fruit from the torture of Hades here's what you will need:

3-4 (very) ripe bananas 
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (or more :] ) semisweet chocolate chips

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: a pinch of salt is equal to 1/8 teaspoon

For my health conscious tea party guests you may substitute for the following:

1 cup sugar (bananas are sweet, try 1/2 cup Natural Applesauce
1 egg (vegan egg substitute anyone??)

Pinch of salt (Brings out the savory but if your blood pressure is too high cut back on the savory and chew slowly)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (lets use whole grain or even rice flour for my gluten free darlings)

1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (honey if you didn't have a sweet-tooth you wouldn't be reading this but thumbs up for raw cocoa!) 

DRINK FOR THOUGHT: A craving for chocolate is typically due to your body needing more magnesium.

Do the Banana Mash (yes Halloween just ended):
Whether your are blending the old-fashioned way, or the healthy less guilt way the same process entails

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 Celsius)

Mash your bananas like the sinners they are!

Mix the butter into the banana goo

Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix that mess!

Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the yellow mush and stir

Finally add your chips (chocolate not Dill Pickle *shutters) into the flour so that they do not sink to the bottom

Mix it up!

Finally pour the banana guts into a buttered loaf pan (or a fun shapedcake pan I'm curious)

Bake for 1 hour

PULL THE LEVER!!!!!!!

Cool, Slice, Serve!

I do so apologize for the lack of pictures in this post as I mashed my poor bananas with my hands and did not feel like trying to get that out of my phone case, but these instructions (I hope) shall lead us all to banana salvation

If you make this recipe share your experience, especially if you use dill pickle flavored chips or a shaped cake pan...seriously I want to know what happens. 

As always my dears keep your tea seeped and your crumpets toasty.
Cheers.


Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss any Elfin tidbits and remember to check out my:
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/ElfinAdventure
Facebook: www.facebook.com/elfinadventure
and new Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1DL2o4k6S6lBjLILehZn7Q

No comments:

Post a Comment