Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Descended By Debra Ann Miller, Fallen Guardians Saga #1: Book Review Part 1

11/13/2013 

So I started reading this novel today after it was highly recommended.  At first I was a tad skeptical as I didn't really go for these types of books, especially on e-readers I’ll take the old paper smell any day. But only a few pages in it really started to grab my attention, I love the detail to which everything is described. Every emotion of beauty, every feeling is so magnificently expressed that the reader can’t help but to be overcome by the love in the hospital room just as the main character Violet is. I love that it really showed what Violet loved about the human condition from the smells to be being able to read what was going through each their minds through the porthole of their eyes.

I really am entranced by the accurate play of religious themes in the beginning as not many books play on any type of God. The idea of angels isn't new, but connecting them to a higher power and a feeling that God is a main focus of the vessel’s life is quite spectacular. I love how it flash-backed to the moments before the operation to Vivian’s uneasiness of having a trusting God and the reassurance of the Doctor.

The plot paints a perfect view of the setting and you really begin to experience the story line with the characters. I love the way it incorporated modern day things any teen would recognize as a manor of allowing readers to truly connect with the fantasy characters and believe in the possibility of the plot line actually existing in this world.

The beauty existing in the friendship between Vie and Gabrielle is astonishing they truly are the two closest friends anyone could ever dream of happening.
After meeting Carter though, I found the description of their feelings to be absolutely breathtaking. I have never read a novel in which two characters could share such an incredible bond that becomes tangible for the reader. It completely makes me believe in the power of true, raw emotion and the ability is has to overcome someone so entirely you could never imagine your life without them. 
I feel awful for Jeremy however, as you know the love felt between he and Vivian was unparalleled.

The bits of back story make the reader slowly begin to understand the past in a way that isn't boring or tedious, It is like you are experiencing it through the photographic memory of the lead.
I love the way the chapters can sometimes switch between being back in the guardian base with the unfolding of events there, and to another darker time I've only just begun to experience.I can't help but to piece together small bits of religious importance, that I absolutely truly love. It is quite refreshing to read a book with religious undertones that are not too thick with God yet just enough to relate to my soul. 

As of now I am only 38% finished with this story and I can already tell I will be hooked and hope it never ends.  



Please stay tuned for the rest of the book reviews as I am writing them as I read so that I don't forget any important measures. Remember to check out my links for my shop and facebook, and do so subscribe so you do not miss the rest of this book!

As always, keep your tea seeped, and a great book near.
Cheers.



Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/ElfinAdventure
Facebook: www.facebook.com/elfinadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment