Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ribbon-Tied Wrap Bracelet Tutorial

Ribbon-Tied Wrap Bracelet Tutorial
07/28/2013
Hello people of the internet! Today on this lovely Sunday, I will be sharing one of my favorite DIY accessories (okay complete lie I have too many to pick a favorite, besides no one wants a jealous riot of DIY accessories on their hands eek!)

Anywho here is a preview of what we shall be making!

 Cute right? and could totally cover up a wrist tattoo for the “professional” work place.


SO let’s get started!


Step 1: Gather Materials
 For this project you will most definitely need the following (unless you’re super                  creative or changing it up a bit in which case: KUDOS! Please share your version                below!)
          Base Fabric
          Decorative Fabric
          Sharpie or Fabric Pen
          Ribbon
Needle and Thread or Sewing Machine
          Scissors, Ruler, Chalk, Pins, Etc







Step 11: Cut Those Pieces!
To begin I cut 2 pieces of my base fabric (greyish black) in a rectangle measuring 3” by 6” Then I selected a pink fabric (loved the abundance of exposed fray) and a thick white fabric for the word. I cut a random triangle of the pink and a small word-sized piece of the white. Then with a Sharpie or Fabric Pen I wrote the word “fearless” on the white fabric piece. For the ribbon, I cut 12" then cut that in half to form two 6" or just enough to tie a bow since the fabric cuff wraps all the way around the wrist.





Step 111: Pin it up!
I arranged my fabric pieces in a visually appealing way and pinned them in place to the top fabric ONLY!
I didn’t bother with tucking under the edges because I loved the frayed look but do as you please.          
                                                                                                       






Step 1V: Sew that mess!


I sewed (sewn?) all around the edges of the piece fabric (kind of goes without saying)







Step 5: Attach the better half!
Then (just as you were making a pillow or any other two-layer item pin the edges RIGHT SIDES FACING IN!!! and stich all around being sure to leave a space for turning it right side out (after all we did spend time making the front pretty).
 For attaching the ribbon pin it to the edge of each side with the pieces inside before sewing the edges (because that made sense)


Ribbon Sandwich!






Step V1: Turn the thing around! (Sounds better if you sing it!)
         
Turn the entire bracelet inside out and topstich the opening closed.









THEN…
SHOW OFF YOUR RAD SELF!

                                        
If you have any questions please ask them below, also share your versions! 
And as a lasting thought to contemplate over a steaming mug of Chai...Gandhi once said "We must be the change we wish to see in the world." My question for you is, what do you see?
Cheers. 

P.S. Comment below if you would like me to add finished bracelets to the Elfin Adventure Etsy Shop (Grand Opening Soon!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment